Monday, July 21, 2014

April 21, 2014

Hello Family!
First, thanks for the package! I never know what i'm going to find in there when I open the box but its always something awesome. Like those pajamas are super cute haha and the sheet music was the best thing of my life. I have been playing it all week. Although you did send me only one page of the Hie to Kolob song so if you send a letter or something anytime soon I would really love to have the entire song. Also yay I'm glad you got my package! I've never had one of those maple candy things but Sister Church said they were good so I let you guys try them first. I hope Madison has a happy birthday! I'll just say this: Happy happy birthday from all of us to you, we wish it was our birthday so we could party too! I bet you know what that was from. But yeah thanks for the package. I really liked it and hahahahahahah Lynn got Mally a bunny! oh man tell me how that goes! tell them hi for me again! and also Nick when he gets home. EXCITING! ok here is my week.
not too eventful. It was 80 degrees on Monday and the next day it snowed. I met this cute old couple that have had sister missionaries over for the last year or so. they are the cutest. They invited us over for lunch one day and it was egg salad sandwiches. I ate it. Sister Church said that's all they really eat so woo hoo that's what I get to have all the time. But they also have this funny family band called Matune Creek that is kind of bluegrassy. They play like the guitar and mandolin and the fiddle and the harmonica and its kind of countryish music. They like the sisters to learn instruments to play with them so I will be practicing the guitar this week...but yeah, they are cute. They also gave us Easter baskets on Sunday. We have a couple people we have found/member have referred us to that we are hoping to pick up as investigators this week so I will tell you how that goes. I got all your letters this week. Thanks! I also got on from Grandma Nilsson so tell her thanks as well! There has been some flooding around up here as well. Crazy! its not close to our house or anything but when we were trying to get up to Ogdensburg for district meeting this week it took like 20 minutes longer because we had to keep searching for a road that wasn't closed! I also went on exchanges again this week with Sister Jorgensen. She is really cute, maybe we will get to be companions one day. I went up to Carthage and got to go to Fort Drum to see some people. Everything is so orderly and perfect. Like Tentacle Acres! It was cool though, the people were really nice. Then Sunday was good. Aurora came to church again. She is so great. I hope she is able to get past her hesitations soon and want to be baptized. Oh also, we colored Easter eggs last Monday! It was fun, did you guys do any? Also, another story. Sister Church found a giant wolf spider in our bathroom sink on Sunday morning and I had to kill it! it was super scary but I sprayed it with Scrubbing Bubbles with bleach enough times to kill it and then I washed it down the drain. I have become the spider assassin this week. they are everywhere! I knew dad would be so proud of me. Oh also yes I get to talk to you guys on Mothers Day so tell me when you have church so we can plan accordingly! I'm so excited!!
Yeah that's all I really have to report for the week. Keep praying for the awesome people here. keep sending me letters! I love you guys and miss you.
love, sister Quinn nilsson

No comments:

Post a Comment