Monday, July 21, 2014

April 14, 2014

hello!
thanks for emailing me haha. I could have just sent my email but I wanted to know what was going on at home. I heard dad took Sadie out in the sunbeam. cool cool. too bad it broke again haha. make sure it is in good working order when I get back! also yeah haha yay for the Aumicks! I've been out of Corning for 2 months but I still love them and they are doing so great so I will keep updating you on them:) Tell Ian to stop growing so much! hmm okay I will tell you about my week.
"Nice weather we're having" that was a SpongeBob quote but we really did have nice weather this week. It was amazing. I'm not even wearing tights today! crazy! although it is supposed to drop again this week so that is lame. I hope you have a fun time in warm st George. So yeah we took advantage of the warm weather by walking around the whole town. its fun though! my feet were hurting a little by the end of it but it was a great change from being in the car all the time. Also just a side note, I think our house is like infested with spiders! I have killed like 6 in the past 2 days! I would have run screaming at home but now I take care of business with those dumb things. only if they are on the floor though so I can step on them or spray them with fluids. I am getting that spider killer stuff you spray around your house today. anyway back to the week. yeah like I said we really just tracted most of the week. it was fun though! I am getting better at it! I used to be afraid and uncomfortable talking with people but now I think its fun and the people here really are pretty nice even if they aren't interested so its fun. we did meet this cool family though. we have been praying for a family to teach so hopefully they are some people God has prepared for us. we found them just by tracting down this dirt road in the middle of nowhere haha but I think we were walking down that road for a reason. they were really nice and open and we talked for about 5 minutes and then gave the dad a book of Mormon. he does a lot of research about like everything so we offered him a book of Mormon and he was like yeah i'd love one and then he asks "so, what is the book of Mormon?" which is another one of those questions that every missionary would die to hear so we cherished that moment for a second then explained it to him. so yeah. hoping they are someone we can teach. we also taught Aurora a couple times and she came to church and loved it again. she is so great i'm so happy we have her to teach because she just loves everything! we invited her to be baptized last week but she said it was a big commitment and that she wanted to think about it some more but I think she will come around soon. also. ooh crazy miracle. we have this really cute 17 year old girl, we are teaching and we haven't been able to see her in a while cause her mom kind of controls the situation and they have been really busy so we just haven't been able to see her but then we are tracting in a different part of town and we knock on a door and this woman lets us in and there is her and her mom inside! they were visiting a friend and we happened to knock on her door that day! it was so great. haha there was a 6 year old boy there too and he was just talking about plants vs zombies the whole time. I felt a bit nerdy cause I knew exactly what he was talking about but hey, its a fun game! so we chatted for a little bit then left because they were going to watch the Hobbit II. then a couple days later we are walking around town and we wanted to try her neighbor and then we see her outside! So we got to talk to her and teach her a tiny bit! yes we have just had a week and being in the right place at the right time and it has been great. holy moly long email sorry if you have a difficult time reading this. but yeah. it was a good week. i'm looking forward to the package you sent me:) i'm trying to get one together for you guys so you might get one within the next few weeks. tell everyone I miss them and love them! i'm super excited for mother's day because I really have been missing all of you a lot. keep writing me letters please and emails! I love you! have a super week!

No comments:

Post a Comment