Sunday, October 26, 2014

September 2, 2014

Hello family!
Man. Lake powell sounded like a perfect trip. Bummed I missed it but it will be there next year! You better post some pictures that I can glance at! Did you see my birthday party pictures Diego posted? Hmm so I will tell you about my week. I wrote about it in my letter but I can tell you about in in here too. I got to work with Sister Hansen and Sister Kunz in Latham for 3 days and it was lots of fun! I got to meet a lot of awesome members and investigators over there and the sisters are so fun. I loved being able to work with them for 3 days too because we are a lot closer now. We get to see each other at district meeting every week but being companions for 3 days helped us bond a lot more. So the exchange took up the majority of my week haha. Sister Hansen leaves this transfer and throughout her mission she has made scrapbooks of it. I looked through them and they were so cool! I hope I can remember everything important about my mission so I can make fun scrapbooks too! Its been super hot this week. Wearing only one layer is even too hot for me. I guess I know what its like to live somewhere humid now. I prefer hot humid to cold humid but its still not super fun to be out in. We had a party last night for one of our investigators who successfully stopped smoking for a week. It was fun! Sister Yu is going to be going back to Salt Lake soon and everyone thinks I'm going to be training next transfer. That would be really fun but who knows if it will happen. I will keep you posted. Yeah the members up here are really great. They are all so willing to go teaching with us a drive us around and do everything for us! Its crazy! and they do it without even making it look like an inconvenience. We could miss our bus to get back home and call a member at 9 pm and they would be completely willing to come take us home. But. Since I am now in the capital of New York, I will probably be able to find ya'll some really awesome authentic new york christmas presents :) totally off topic but i just remembered that. But yeah, just make sure to be a good mormon to the missionaries out there! They run into about a million mormons a day but it really is nice as a missionary to find people who are polite and treat you like you're important. But whenever people get me down I just think of all the awesome missionaries I get to serve with, all the wonderful people I have met, and the fact that God is always with me and wants me to succeed. September may be a boring month for you but its looking to be a good one for us! yes! Letters and packages! hmm requests...pictures :) and idk skirts if you can find any? just stuff that makes me feel loved :) and don't forget to include something for my companion as well :) I love you all and miss you so much!! Have a good week at school :))))

No comments:

Post a Comment